With over 800 exabytes of digital information currently held world wide and that amount increasing tenfold every 5 years “big data” is becoming a phenomenon.
Big data facts:
- Facebook is home to more than 40 billion photos.
- Google processes around 1 PetaByte every hour.
- Hotmail holds 155PB of data and is adding 2 PetaBytes per month.
- Xbox live generates 5 PetaBytes of data over the Christmas period.
- Walmart’s databases are estimated at more than 2.5 PetaBytes.
- The total amount of data generated by Windows updates monthly is over 1 PetaByte.
- The amount of data held on the internet is estimated to have grown by 1.2 ZetaBytes in 2010.
- According to Cisco by 2013 the amount of traffic flowing over the internet annually will reach 667 ExaBytes.
- The Large Hadron Collider at CERN generates 40 TeraBytes every second.
- Oil Exploration, 3D & 4D geological surveys by the world’s seismic vessels generate up to 12 PetaBytes of new data every year.
- The media and entertainment industry currently purchases around 4PB per year of storage capacity and with higher resolution content this is expected to increase to 47 PetaBytes per year by 2015. We believe storing information is just the beginning of one of the IT industry’s greatest challenges.
To help our customers Store, Protect, Optimise and Leverage their information assets for maximum business value.
Info Stor helps organisations meet their information storage and other IT challenges by sourcing and supplying quality IT related products and by managing the implementation of sophisticated multi-vendor solutions.
Some examples of our project capabilities are as follows:
- Software development and integration including mobile applications for iOS/Android
- SAN and NAS data storage systems
- Microsoft Exchange upgrades
- Migration to Microsoft Office 365
- Technology refreshes including but not limited to desktops, servers and network infrastructure
- Server operating system upgrades
- VoIP phone system implementation
- Bespoke cloud computing environments in our London, Docklands data centre
Our customer’s interests always come first. Our experience shows that if we serve our customers well, our own success will follow.
Place your organisations order with us here in the UK, in their preferred currency and we will fulfil it locally, almost anywhere in the world, using the manufacturer’s official channel with their full, local support and warranty intact.
So far we have local fulfilment experience in the following 52 countries: Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangalore, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, Chile (including Easter Island and Robinson Crusoe Island), China (Hong Kong), Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritania, Mexico, Mumbai, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Portugal (Azores Islands), Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Africa (including Tristan da Cunha Island), Spain, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sweden, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom (including St Helena Island), USA (including Palau Island and Diego Garcia Island).
Our customers include global intergovernmental organisations, global financial institutions, global retail landlords, European civil infrastructure providers, UK and non-UK oil and gas companies, mid-sized UK accounting and law firms and many SME’s.