Features and Benefits
- Consolidates multiple features and capabilities into a single design to reduce overall capital and
- Hot-swappable modules: 24 x 10Gb/1Gb ports, 6 x 40Gb ports, 2 x 100Gb ports, embedded TAPs and inline bypass modules.
- Optional GigaSMART technology provides intelligent packet modification, manipulation,
transformation, and transport.
Inline bypass protection:
- Protects the traffic and the inline tool, making the overall system more efficient and secure.
- Supports many-to-many inline configurations to better leverage the inline tools available.
- Application-aware capabilities to send different applications to different tools or to bypass
processing on trusted applications.
- Inline tools may be run in serial or fanned across multiple tools to maximize performance.
- Compresses and secures TAP aggregation points within the Gigamon unit for immediate
- TAP modules available in a variety of copper and fiber options.
Medium-sized form factor:
- Reduced footprint to save space, power, and cooling
- Up to 96 x 10Gb ports compressed into 2RU
Supports 1Gb, 10Gb, 40Gb, 100Gb network and tool connections:
- Flexible GigaVUE-HC2 Series modules offer:
- High-density port connections – up to 240Gbps per bay.
- –Up to 8 100Gb (QSFP28), 24 40Gb (QSFP+), 96 1Gb/10Gb (SFP/SFP) ports in a single chassis.
- Accepts all standard Gigamon SFP, SFP+, QSFP+, and QSFP28 transceivers including direct attach copper, active fiber cables, SR, LR, ER, and BiDi.
Create multi-chassis clusters:
- Combine multiple GigaVUE H Series visibility nodes into a single cluster delivering “manage-as-one” capability and full “primary-secondary” management redundancy. Leverage optional GigaSMART applications and services from anywhere in the cluster.
Powerful manageability; GigaVUE-FM fabric manager:
- Provides a versatile range of management options and capabilities including:
Integrated command-line interface (CLI).
- Integrated graphical user interface (GUI)
- Adding the optional GigaVUE-FM fabric manager provides:
Customizable dashboards and wizards to view, configure, and manage the Visibility Fabric from a single pane-of-glass view.
REST API Support:
- Programmatic access to capabilities in the Visibility Platform via REST APIs exposed from the fabric manager, GigaVUE-FM
- Allows implementation of Software-defined Visibility paradigm by system administrators
- Advanced integration with tools, controllers and other IT systems used in the infrastructure to enable rapid programmatic response to events detected.
Data center ready platform:
- With front-to-back cooling delivered by a hot-swappable fan tray, redundant and multi-source, hot-swappable power trays offering AC and DC variants, the GigaVUE-HC2 node is ready for deployment in demanding data center environments.